Carriage & packing for this chair is £10.00 + vat per chair
**REMEMBER TO USE CREDIT ACCOUNT FACILITY AT THE CHECKOUT IF YOU ARE A SCHOOL OR COLLEGE ORDERING THIS PRODUCT**
Delivery of the Jolly Back chair takes between 7-14 working days.
The Jolly Back Chair is an innovative low seating solution for adults working at low heights. It improves posture, comfort and helps reduce the risk of musculoskeletal injury.
What benefits does the Jolly Back chair offer?
As a unique purpose designed low chair, it can:
- Relieve and prevent staff discomfort.
- Reduce the risk of staff acquiring sudden and/or long term musculoskeletal damage/ injury.
- Improve staff wellbeing and morale, efficiency and pupil/ patient/ client care.
- Reduce staff sickness absence and early retirement due to ill health.
- Enable an organisation to demonstrate their Health and Safety commitment towards staff.
Why Jolly Back chair has been developed
Many important professionals work at low heights - teachers, nursery nurses, childcare practitioners, midwives, children's therapists, nurses, carer for example. Repetitive poor postures (bending over, over-stretching, twisting, awkward lifting, flexed sitting) are frequently adopted, as staff undertake the necessary low level activities required of them, day-in-day-out.
These repetitive poor postures, along with kneeling and squatting, are not only uncomfortable, but research highlights they are also damaging. This puts staff at an increased risk of acquiring musculoskeletal problems, in particular, back, hip, knee, neck and shoulder pain.
The Jolly Back Chair has been specifically designed to reduce these damaging postures and promote healthy sitting - a low level seating solution is provided. Every feature has a function, comfort and quality in mind.
Principles of Healthy Sitting Posture
- Head upright to maintain eye contact - neck and shoulders free to move with muscles relaxed.
- Inward Lumbar (lower back) curve maintained - reduces back ache, slipped discs and sciatica. Assists correct neck alignment.
- Knees level or slightly lower than hips - reduces hip compression/ pain. Encourages natural lower spine alignment.
- Feet in contact with the floor - provides stability.
Unique features of the Jolly Back Chair
- Adjustable lower back support - promotes good posture and provides individual comfort by reducing muscle tension.
- Seat Wedge - promotes natural upright posture, enables individuals to remain low down and provides cushioning.
- Extended handle - allows postioning of the chair without lifting or bending over.
- Quality, swivel (lockable) wheels - allow movement when seated to prevent twisting and over-reaching. Enables postioning of the chair without lifting and promotes safety.
Other beneficial features
- Compact for use where space is limited.
- Unobstructed floor space (under seat) allows easy movement when seated.
- 3 heights available.
- Waterproof, breathable, anti-bacterial fabric in a range of colours.
- Vinyl option available.
- Developed by a Chartered Physiotherapist who specialises in paediatrics, occupational health and ergonomics, with input from front line staff.
Jolly Back Chair Size Guide
Jolly Back Chair Fabric Colours
Jolly Back Warranty
Under normal wear and tear conditions, a 3 year manufacturer's warranty is provided.
Mardel School Interiors webpage for the jolly back chair is here>>>
For more ways Mardel can help your school with furniture please go to our main website here>>>